Back pain affects about 90% of adults at some time in their lives, and about 67% of adults experience neck pain. Back pain and neck pain are among the most common pain.
What is neck pain?
- Pain in the neck can be due to injury, a mechanical or muscular problem, a trapped nerve caused by a bulge in one of the discs between the vertebrae, or from arthritis of the neck.
- It can range from very mild discomfort to severe, burning pain.
- If the pain is ‘acute’ – sudden and intense – it is called a crick in the neck, facet syndrome or muscular rheumatism.
- If the pain has lasted more than three months, it is termed ‘chronic’ neck pain.
- Neck pain is a very common condition and is more frequently seen in women than men.
- Most people will experience pain in the neck at some point in their life.
What causes neck pain?
Many things can trigger neck pain. These include:
- trauma or injury
- worry and stress
- falling asleep in an awkward position
- prolonged use of a computer keyboard.
- Poor sleeping posture
- Neck injury
There are several theories about why so many people suffer neck pain, but they are not supported by scientific proof. For most people, no specific reason for the pain can be found.
Neck Pain Treatment
First of all, you need to find out the cause of the neck pain.
- Neck Massages: The Perfect Neck Solution
- Neck Traction Device Helps Reduce Neck Stress
- Neck Pain: A Common Problem
- Cervical Traction Device vs Heating Pad
- Home Neck Traction with Towel?
- How to Relieve Neck Pain?
- Pain In The Neck
- Pinched Nerve Explained – How To Avoid?
- Air Neck Traction Device – Benefits
- Neck Stretcher – Will This Help Neck Spasm?
- Neck Traction Devices – Which One Is Right?
- Swine Flu Reduces Chiropractor’s Visits