One of the home neck traction method that I have seen is using a towel. You grab a small towel and a piece of rope. First, tie one end of the rope to one end of the towel. Then loop the rope over the doorknob, and bring it back to the other end of the towel and tie it.
Next, you suppose to lie down on your back with the top of your head close to the door. Rest the back of your head in the sling formed by the towel. Doesn’t this sound very uncomfortable and dangerous to you?
I have also seen the over-the-door-traction device. This is a cervical traction device that you hang over the door with a water bag. So hang the traction device over the door and the weight of water bag will give you traction. What happen if someone opens the door?
There is a safer way, The ChiSoft neck traction device
I’ve found this inflatable neck traction device more safe and easy to use. It relieves the pressure on the pinched nerve and decompresses the cervical disc. Why bother using a towel?
- Neck Massages: The Perfect Neck Solution
- Neck Traction Device Helps Reduce Neck Stress
- Neck Pain: A Common Problem
- Cervical Traction Device vs Heating Pad
- Home Neck Traction with Towel?
- How to Relieve Neck Pain?
- Pain In The Neck
- Pinched Nerve Explained – How To Avoid?
- Air Neck Traction Device – Benefits
- Neck Stretcher – Will This Help Neck Spasm?
- Neck Traction Devices – Which One Is Right?
- Swine Flu Reduces Chiropractor’s Visits