One of the home neck traction method that I have seen is using a towel. You grab a small towel and a piece of rope. First, tie one end of the rope to one end of the towel. Then loop the rope over the doorknob, and bring it back to the other end of the towel and tie it.
Next, you suppose to lie down on your back with the top of your head close to the door. Rest the back of your head in the sling formed by the towel. Doesn’t this sound very uncomfortable and dangerous to you?
I have also seen the over-the-door-traction device. This is a cervical traction device that you hang over the door with a water bag. So hang the traction device over the door and the weight of water bag will give you traction. What happen if someone opens the door?
There is a safer way to do neck traction
I’ve found this inflatable neck traction device more safe and easy to use. It relieves the pressure on the pinched nerve and decompresses the cervical disc.
Why bother using a towel?
Major Benefits of ChiSoft Neck Traction Device
1. Relief Sore and Stiff Neck
The Air Neck Traction relieves sore and stiff neck by pulling up the cervical spin. You just place the neck traction device around your neck and use the inflation pump to slowly increase the pressure to a comfortable stretch. By using this traction device pressure in the joints and nerves can be reduced
2. Decompress the cervical disc
3. Prevent Bad Posture
Another benefit of the ChiSoft Neck Traction is help you to straighten up your neck. Once the traction device is inflated it will lift up your head. So, while sitting with the Chi Soft Neck Traction it will help you to become more aware of your posture.
- Neck Massages: The Perfect Neck Solution
- Neck Traction Device Helps Reduce Neck Stress
- Neck Pain: A Common Problem
- Cervical Traction Device vs Heating Pad
- Home Neck Traction with Towel?
- How to Relieve Neck Pain?
- Pain In The Neck
- Pinched Nerve Explained – How To Avoid?
- Air Neck Traction Device – Benefits
- Neck Stretcher – Will This Help Neck Spasm?
- Neck Traction Devices – Which One Is Right?
- Swine Flu Reduces Chiropractor’s Visits