Why almost everybody has neck problem?
Neck pain is something with which people of every age can identify, especially adults working long hours in front of the computer or housewives and middle-aged problem. Neck pain often happens when the cervical spine is pressurized for long hours by wrong posture or uncomfortable seating positions or just by cradling the phone for too long. However, neck pain is a serious problem and needs treatment, especially with cervical traction devices.
Causes of Neck Pain:
- Bad Posture: Most cases of neck pain happen because of poor posture. We slump or crouch slightly or crane our necks when we are driving for long hours or working on our computer, reading or sleeping without a comfortable pillow or cushion too support our neck or even because we cradle our phone at an odd angle when we are talking and simultaneously doing some other job.
- Arthritis: This is a serious medical problem relating to the cervical spine and can happen at any age but usually, arthritic people suffer from extreme neck pain, cramps and stiffness due to this condition.
- Cervical Disc Degeneration: This is a medical condition called Spinal Stenosis and this happens in old age when the space in the spinal column becomes narrower and the exit for the nerves gets narrower too, causing the nerves to be pinched and causing neck pain and stiffness.
- Whiplash injury: this happens when there is a sudden and unexpected extension of the neck, a condition that happens mostly after car accidents, when the head and neck are suddenly thrown backward and then forward by an impact, thus leading to neck injury. This condition is not immediately noticeable but in case you have neck pain, swelling around the neck, inflammation or stiffness in the neck, muscle spasms, tenderness around the neck area, headache or pain in the shoulder or the arm, then it could be a case of whiplash cervical injury and you must consult the doctor immediately as your neck muscles and ligaments might have been stretched or torn.
- Vigorous and extreme workouts: Using very heavy gym equipment and training sessions may cause neck sprains.
Are you using a neck traction device? Here is the best way to carry out neck traction at home
- Neck Massages: The Perfect Neck Solution
- Neck Traction Device Helps Reduce Neck Stress
- Neck Pain: A Common Problem
- Cervical Traction Device vs Heating Pad
- Home Neck Traction with Towel?
- How to Relieve Neck Pain?
- Pain In The Neck
- Pinched Nerve Explained – How To Avoid?
- Air Neck Traction Device – Benefits
- Neck Stretcher – Will This Help Neck Spasm?
- Neck Traction Devices – Which One Is Right?
- Swine Flu Reduces Chiropractor’s Visits